In an effort to keep the community informed and safe, Milford Regional Medical Center wants to provide you with the latest information on measures we are taking in this unprecedented time. This situation is in a constant state of change, and we are responding accordingly.
To that end, Milford Regional has restricted visitors with a few exceptions, limited medical services, and canceled all classes and events – including community lectures, wellness classes, childbirth education classes and support groups.
The following restrictions are currently in place:
- There are no visitors allowed in the hospital, except:
- In maternity, the birthing partner is allowed.
- One parent or guardian is allowed for their child.
- Visitors for a patient at end of life or who has died may be waived at the discretion of the charge nurse or nursing supervisor.
- All patients and visitors must enter through the Hill Health Center, Imaging Center entrance or Emergency Department. The Main Lobby entrance will be closed.
- All patients and visitors will be screened before entering the Medical Center. The following will not be allowed to enter:
- Those who have had close contact with someone who has tested POSITIVE for Covid-19; those who traveled within the past 14 days to China, Macau, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan; or those who work with or have had contact with employees of Biogen within the past 14 days.
- Those who have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- Visitors who pass the screening must wear a visitor tag at all times and it expires in 24 hours.
Medical services offered within the hospital have been impacted as well. Elective surgeries have been canceled and patients should contact their provider with specific questions or to discuss rescheduling. Patients are being encouraged to reschedule routine screenings and outpatient services after consultation with their primary care providers.
Milford Regional’s cafeteria is closed to all visitors.
Blood donations will continue to take place at The Blood Donor Center at Milford Regional located at the Imaging Center entrance.
The Red Cross is currently facing a severe blood shortage and urgently needs all blood types. Milford Regional supports the ongoing efforts of the Red Cross to ensure patients continue to have access to a safe, adequate blood supply. Anyone who has an appointment will be screened before entering the Medical Center. At each blood drive, Red Cross employees follow thorough, extensive safety protocols. More information can be found at http://www.redcross.org/give-blood.
Appointments for blood donations at Milford Regional can be made by calling 1-800-733-2767.
It is important to know that despite our current challenges with COVID-19, Milford Regional will still continue to serve the healthcare needs of our community as you have come to expect – with dignity, compassion and respect. These measures have been put in place to ensure that we continue to care for our patients while ensuring that we are prepared for a potential surge of COVID-19 patients.